Monday 23 November 2009

I'll Get You My Pretty

Heartbroken. That's probably the best way I can sum up my feelings when you pulled out of our WMPC swop. I've been a fervent admirer for quite some time now and when you agreed to finally take part after some badgering on my part, I was, well chuffed to bits. I mean, here was a local girl who was obviously passionate about food (I constantly check your website) and you certainly talk the talk on twitter (hell you're on there all the time). So I was certain that you would be able to er...walk the walk. Maybe it was inappropriate for me to say that I would love to get my hands on your chestnuts, did that scare you off? Your autumnal recipes looked delicious that's all I meant to say. I was even willing to source a decent Alsace Pinot Gris or Gewurztaminer for you to go with a curry, which I know you like. I know it's not your fault, events conspire against us, I understand. Nevermind that it was a pint and packet of crisps for dinner that night. Please don't feel guilty. The big question is, did you get your money and did you use that big stick like I suggested? More importantly I haven't forgotten about you, I shall be in touch soon to arrange another date. In the meantime, to create an curious aura of anonymity, you shall be known as Delia. You know who you are.

I'll get you my pretty and your little dog Toto too! Hahahahahahaha!


101 Things that you didn't know about Delia - 64. She is rather fond of pipes

3 comments:

  1. You've not taken your meds today have you FU?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell Dan? did I just fall over and hit my head? what the hell is this all about? Who's Delia's alter-ego? and why is Delia Smith smoking a pipe? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who could this enigmatic Miss be?? If she is on Twitter, I'd have seen her... Lorks I'm on there all of the time. I'll kick her but for you Master FU... Letting a hungry boy down - TUT!

    P.S. Delia's ear looks infected.

    ReplyDelete